When you bring your pet to the Village Veterinarian, we work with you to create a lifetime preventive pet health-care plan. This includes a balanced schedule of vaccines, routine dental care, and microchip identification. We also provide internal medicine services, nutritional counseling, a range of surgical procedures, advanced diagnostic-testing capabilities, and much more.
The hospitals’ commitment to you and your pet’s health begins with an annual examination which includes:
- Examining your pet’s teeth, throat, and oral cavity
- Checking your pet’s vision and eyes
- Examining ears for infection, ear mites, an allergic reaction, and other related health issues
- Assessing your pet’s heart and cardiac function
- Examining the skin
- Palpating lymph nodes and abdomen
- Examining the respiratory system
- Evaluating internal organ function and other systems
- Monitoring your pet’s blood count and serum chemistry
- Performing laboratory tests to determine the presence of specific diseases
- Assessing changes in your pet’s health since the last wellness visit
- Fecal check for the presence of intestinal parasites
During each examination, we also take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and keep you up to date on all the information you need to be the best caregiver to your pet. Good communication between you and your pet’s doctor ensures that your beloved companion is receiving the optimal care and attention that they deserve so that they can live a long and healthy life.